Saturday, 3 June 2017

Furls Crochet Hook Winner

With over 500 entries we certainly had a lot of comments to read through from our recent competition! but we did read every single entry both on Instagram and here on my blog.

I cannot express how amazing some of the comments were. There were just so many wonderful charities and organisations people are crocheting for, heartfelt stories and really amazing work that some of you are involved in. I am in awe of all your amazing acts of encouragement for others, and love that you are sharing to those dear to you or to those you have never met. You really are making such a difference.

Obviously the HappyBerry team behind the scenes can only pick one winner, and our winner we felt was making such a lovely gesture and her comment was a lovely shout out to all those special people that have helped us in our crocheting journey, that have allowed us to do all the amazing things we can do today. We also felt that the ergonomic design of the Furls hook would really help her Mum. Well done cuppabooks1 from Instagram, with her message here;

"Although I do crochet, I would actually like to win this for my mum. She struggles with sore hands now and at times it gets quite painful but it never stops her creating beautiful/quirky pieces. She'll always makes us whatever we ask for! She's just about to start making little mini beasts for the nursery I work at! I would just love to give her something beautiful to show my appreciation of everything she does." - cuppabooks1

Please message me with your contact details and I will get your Furls crochet hook out to you!

And here are some amazing comments we received that we believed were worth an honorary mention, or highlighted a lot of similar entries.

Honorary Mentions πŸ’•

caroline131415 I have a rare genetic condition called Osteogenisis Imperfecta. It causes my bones to be considerably weaker than an average person, so I have broken many bones from completely ordinary things, like if I am walking and my foot rolls the wrong way I can brake my ankle. I can't preform many physical activities without braking bones or becoming injured. Since I have to be very careful when doing any physical activities I have done a lot of crafting from a young age, but when I discovered crocheting I completely fell in love with it. I spend a lot of my time crocheting for my family since it is a safe activity that is incredibly fun. If I were to win this hook I would like to use it to crochet some amigurumi characters for my friends and family.

matildarei Honestly, getting a Furls hook isn't going to inspire *what* I crochet; but rather, *how* I crochet. I am married with three adorable sons. So, I am the only feminine entity in my home. When the boys go to bed, I have a few minutes to myself; and this is my precious crochet time. I usually make small projects (such as seasonal motifs to decorate my home). In fact, these small projects are how I became familiar with HappyBerry Crochet. I believe that using a Furls hook would transform me into a princess. I'm sure I'll start sipping cocoa from a very fancy teacup, wear more lace, and I'll have to find slippers trimmed in marabou. A Furls hook will surely change my country bumpkin life to the most luxurious, feminine, movie-starish life -- because, really, how can it not? (By the way, I'm looking forward to making lacy curtains for my pink kitchen this summer, using a size 3.5 mm hook; a Furls hook would make them especially amazing.)

sigonimacaroni I want to make a matching beanie hat with a beard for both my son and fiancΓ© for his first Father's Day πŸ˜‚(it's never too late for a funny gift!) He is the best father to my son and although he's not his by blood, you would never know because they are two peas in a pod and he wants to adopt him when we're married. They would crack up over the beanies πŸ˜‚

bunnykitkit The first thing I would do is to begin a "Thank You" project for a woman physician who finally after seeing many, many other doctors, took the time to listen and discovered the sources of my pain and took immediate steps to help me. I have the most beautiful mohair and silk dove gray yarn and I would make her something that says, "Thank you for listening. Thank you for helping my pain."

mycrochetmakes Beautiful hook, I would make a day to remember 😘 Sit in the sun, dog at my feet, big pot of tea that morphs into Pimms later on in the day and work my way through a crochet mandala book! Bliss 😎

fancier_feast I crochet the tiny turtles you provided a tutorial for, and I sell them to donate to local turtle charities in South Florida. I call them 'turtles for turtles', and I'd make plenty more with your lovely crochet hook ❤🐒

maxinesteinberg Hello Laura. I have been crocheting for quite some time and would now call myself a 'crochet addict'! At the moment I am attempting to crochet as many hearts as possible to send to Manchester as there is currently an appeal for these. Some organisers in Manchester are planning to cover the city centre in crocheted and knitted hearts following the horrific attack there this week. I would love to crochet more hearts with that beautiful furls hook! Much love x

sotomayormariel Been through so many black clouds lately... I felt I needed to start having my time!! and enjoy the little creative side of me ...I have always loved crochet but finally decided to learn.. it's been fun and relaxing .. its actually helped with my depression and anxiety ...have a blessed day

janetsevin I've been watching your videos an love your work. Last year March 2016 my Husband lost his job,it was horrible! My Mom always Crocheted and I wad Inlove with Crocheting as a kid. I just knew it was in MY blood. When the Layoff happened money lasted a few weeks no more money. I just knew I had to do something bc there was no jobs hiring. We had $20. to our name ONLY . I asked my Husband bring ME to the store he did and i bought yarn and 1 H hook. I pulled up a crocheting video Tutorial an crocheted my first blanket. It was Beautiful! I then posted MY blanket to Facebook in a group to sell we needed to make a living. Not knowing if it would sell or not,it Sold!! I've Been Crocheting ever since an Adore it! Just wanted to tell you MY story,it was MY journey,Destiny an Tallent. Beautiful hook!! I'd Crochet a Beautiful Afghan with your hook. Much LOVE Janet

traceyrice2 Oh my goodness what a beautiful hook. Thank you for being so generous. I have recently joined slimming world and in readiness for reaching my target weight I am planning on making a gorgeous tunic instead of rewarding myself with food. Using this hook would be a wonderful way of celebrating my new healthy life. 😊.

mum2mya My nan has just needed to go into a nursing home to to horrible dementia. She loves my crochet shawls and toys I make her as it's one of the only things she remembers. It breaks my heart that she can no longer remember how to crochet but she still enjoys to watch me, hopefully the hook will keep her focus xx

loulabelle39 I work in Maternity Care and would love to use this hook to make little hats and octopuses for the Special Care Unit and little hats and very special blankets for the babies that are delivered stillborn or as we say "Born a sleep" ❤️πŸ’–πŸ’™

libertinewithatwist First of all can I just say Eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! Have been eyeing up @furlscrochet hooks for what feels like ever & I now have this opportunity to win one so a massive THANK YOU Laura! This is awesommmmme 😊😊 My first project with the hook should I win it will be a very special baby blanket πŸ’œ Without going in to too many details... Back at the beginning of 2016 I had some amazing news in that my closest friend of 28 years was pregnant with her 1st baby after her & hubby had been trying for almost 7 years. We were all super excited as you can imagine. Devastatingly, our joy was short-lived and our little angel princess passed away when my friend was 32 weeks pregnant. I did crochet a blanket for her to be laid to rest in...Fast forward now to May 2017 & we are excitedly & anxiously awaiting the immanent arrival of our angel princess' beautiful baby sister due 2nd June so I am desperate to make a pastel rainbow baby blanket for her with the hook to show her how special she is & just how amazing her big sister was πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’– So sorry for the novella folks!! I just wanted to make sure the story was given properly! Hope you're not all asleep πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚ thanks again Laura! You're just fab! ✌πŸ’™ @happyberrycrochet xxx

tasha_smasher @happyberrycrochet That furls crochet hook is just so beautifully crafted n devine 😍 if I was to win it, I would continue (with the amazing help n guidance of your YouTube video tutorials) to do what I love n find great pleasure in... CROCHET!:) I have found great joy in crochet n it is s bit help for me with the condition I live with (autism). It helps to calm me n releases much stress I find. I would hope to make great things with the help of the furls hook xx btw have a great weekend n enjoy the summer sunshine πŸŒžπŸŒΈπŸ˜‰

woodcabin_clothing I'd love to use it for making snails with your tutorial. I'm helping a friend with a project where she is sending snails to people all over the world who take pictures of them in cool places. The pictures are for my friend's friend who is unable to travel due to health reasons and seeing all the pictures of snails all over the world is like him being there too (he has a snail too and has thought up a story where they all communicate with each other and share their adventures). If you want to see the project, it's on facebook and it's called "Kateryna's Traveling Snails"

A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to enter and leave a comment. I wish I could send you all a hook, but there will be more competitions soon, so stay tuned!