Thursday, 25 May 2017

How to do Embroidery with Video Tutorials

Instagram @happyberrycrochet
It's been a really productive last couple of months and I truly feel that I am back on track with a new direction and passion for HappyBerry. The support I have received from you guys has been fantastic, and I have read every message and comment, so thank you so much! You are all so wonderful and kind, and it has really helped me on my creative journey.

Since my break from YouTube I spent some time rediscovering some old hobbies, and I have particularly been taken by something I haven't done in years and that was sewing and embroidery, which I have found very therapeutic.

So much so, it has enabled me to pick up the crochet hook again, and I have been working on some exciting new crochet projects (as well as my very long awaited crochet book of course!), which I'll talk about all in good time. For now, what I am excited to talk about is my plan to share my new embroidery journey with you guys, with a new selection of embroidery video tutorials.

Instagram @happyberrycrochet
The video tutorials will be like a fun sew-along for beginners, where we can make an embroidered project of various flowers and fauna together through me sharing various different embroidery stitches and techniques.

The first two embroidery video tutorials have already been released if you would like join in, and they are for the Raised Fish Bone Stitch and the French Knot to create the yellow flower you see above. You can view them below.

In time this project will work up to a collage of creative embroidery stitches for you and I to sew together. I am not sure how it will plan out or even what colours we will use, but I hope along the way you can join me in this immensely rewarding and therapeutic craft and learn some wonderful techniques with me as your guide.

Instagram @happyberrycrochet
The materials I am using are nothing fancy, just grab yourself some cotton yarn (I split mine into thinner strands), a normal sewing needle (not a yarn needle as they are too big), some cotton fabric (anything goes from linen blends to those cotton fat quarters we all love), and an embroidery hoop, which you should be able to pick up from most craft stores (I got mine from HobbyCraft if you're in the UK), and some scissors.

I recommend Rico Essentials Cotton DK, which splits lovely and holds strong. So far I have used Banana (yellow) and Nougat (brown). Click here to get yours shipped today! Takes you to LoveCrochet.com - Make sure to use the code SAVE20 to save 20% if you spend over £30! (until May 27th 2017)



 


Lastly, I really just want to say thank you again so much for all your kind messages of support and encouragement over the last few weeks. I have been so touched and quite overwhelmed, and it means so much to me.

Thank you x