Saturday, 18 January 2014

How To Crochet a Simple Flower for Absolute Beginners


When I first learnt to crochet I remember the one thing I enjoyed crocheting the most was flowers.

They are great fun to do by themselves but you can also add them to so many other projects, such as appliqu├ęs on hats. You could also make lots of them and turn them into some gorgeous bunting or a pretty headband for a special little girl in your life.

This flower is very easy to make but that is easy for an experienced crocheter to say right? So I thought I would work on a video tutorial that is slow enough for absolute newbies to crochet to try. I really hope you find it useful and can follow along but for those who just want the pattern then please just read on! (^-^)

You will need
- Any yarn you like but I chose some yellow DK/Light worsted weight yarn
- Any hook size that is suitable for the yarn you are using but I chose a 3.5mm crochet hook
- Scissors

Simple Flower

Step 1
ch7, sl st into first ch to form a loop

Step 2
*ch4, 3tr into centre of loop, ch4, sl st into loop* repeat from * to * another 4 times to make 5 petals.

And that is it!

Let me know in the comments below if you would like to see more simple flower patterns. (^-^)

For more free video tutorials and patterns then do pop by our YouTube channel here: www.youtube.com/happyberrycrochet

Happy crafting folks!






© HappyBerry This pattern can not be reproduced in any way without credit given to HappyBerry. This includes copying and pasting into another blog or website, and filming the pattern for use on YouTube. You can however print it off for personal use or for use in a crochet group. Thank you.